According to this article from StudyFind.Org, only 54% of young men are brushing their teeth daily. Eek! Let’s change that statistic by kickstarting a consistent and EASY oral health routine.
1) Use a fun brush or water flosser – Sonicare or Oral-B Pro are two recommended by the American Dental Association and here at Spring Valley Dental.
2) Set an alarm on your phone. Sometimes we need those extra reminders.
3) Your toothbrush and floss should be visible on the counter top!
4) Brush as soon as you wake up and get out of bed.
5) Brush whenever you can after dinner, don’t wait to get sleepy!
6) Brush and floss when your significant other or your child is doing it – what a great partnership you can have 🙂
7) Download an App! Tooth brushing Apps can make it fun and even reward you after a certain number of brush cycles.
8) Brush in the shower (don’t leave your toothbrush in the shower as you can expose it to bacteria).
9) A yummy flavored toothpaste can make it less daunting.
And last but certainly not least: remember to only brush the teeth that you want to keep – if you love to eat and smile, you’ll need them for a long time!